In July, 2012, Webolutions(R) launched a website for The National College Advisory Center
About The National College Advisory Center
The National College Advisory Center provides assistance to prospective college students, parents of college bound students or people returning to college, to ensure that they are making smart, informed decisions about their education. Some of the questions they help people answer, include:
- Will this degree program help me achieve my professional goals?
- Do I have to take (and pay for) all the required classes or can I test out of these?
- What schools offer the best programs to achieve my goals?
- What online options exist?
- What financing options are best and how can I apply?
- What are some of the ways to improve my chance of admission?
This National College Advisory Center website has the following features and functions:
An image / video rotation area on the homepage which provides this client with the ability to graphically show key elements of their overall offering experience to site visitors.
A user-friendly user interface which is clean, easy to use, and designed to increase site conversions.
An easy to use client-side content management system (CMS) which allows them the ability to easily add new site pages, edit content, edit text, edit images & videos, edit forms and control all aspects of their site.
The ability for site visitors to choose from multiple different package offerings and purchase these via secure eCommerce at the website. These package options are also easily managed in the admin area of the website.
Integration with PayPal Pro for an easy and pleasant purchasing experience.
A blog with categories designed to encourage interaction and engagement and the ability to easily add new content to the site on a regular basis.
Social Media and other content sharing tools which allows the site’s thought leadership content be shared by site visitors with sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Calls to action which have been designed to increase the overall conversion rate of the website. From any page within this site, visitors can easily call or email for this client’s services or purchase a consulting package.
A number of additional Plugins designed increase site’s overall effectiveness, including:
- W3 Total Cache – Improves site performance and user experience via caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support.
- Gravity Forms – Build and publish forms in just minutes. Quick and easy form-building and the ability to link information from these forms into other applications like Salesforce.
- Akismet – Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not.
- Disqus Comment System – The Disqus comment system provides powerful commenting tools and control
- TinyMCE Advanced – Enables advanced WYSIWYG editor functionality and control
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – Improve your site’s SEO
- Google XML Sitemaps – This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines to better index your blog.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics allows you to track your website blog easily and with lots of metadata.
- SEO Friendly Images – SEO Friendly Images automatically adds alt and title attributes to all your images. Improves traffic from search engines and makes the image tags W3C.
- AddThis – The AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget allows any visitor to bookmark and share your site easily with over 330 popular services.
- Exclude Pages – provides the ability to keep pages out of dynamic navigation and drop downs, so that you can easily create landing pages for unique campaigns and events.
The Primary Goals of This Website
- Provide new insights on how people should make informed decisions about the educational and career plans
- Help people understand the ins and outs of these decisions
- Allow site visitors to engage with this company and receive continued valuable insights, perspectives and advice
- Engage new clients for this business
A full service digital marketing agency, Webolutions was founded in 1994 as a Denver Website design and development agency. The company has been recognized by the Denver Business Journal as a Top Website Design and Development firm every year since 2002.