Client Name: Sun Valley Potatoes
Client Website URL: https://www.SunValleyPotatoes.com/
Project Type: Custom Designed Responsive eCommerce Website
Sun Valley Potatoes was established in 1978. For the past 30 years, the availability of year-round product has enabled Sun Valley Potatoes to deliver superior potatoes in the United States as well as neighboring countries. Their potatoes are handpicked and triple washed before being sent to your doorstep. Quality is extremely important to Sun Valley Potatoes when you order one of their famous gift boxes you will certainly be pleased. And you will understand why other potatoes just don’t compare.
Specific Project Goals & Challenges
- Create an updated look and feel that represents their unique brand identity
- Create the ability to order potatoes online
- Design and build a custom website that works well on mobile devices
Highlighted Solutions – Features and Functions:
- Design –The redesign of the website was inspired by the timeless, vintage look and feel of the Sun Valley logo. Since first being brought to public attention by Ernest Hemingway in the late 1930s, Sun Valley soon became a vacationer’s dream. Featuring bright colors, unique type, and classic hand-drawn illustrations, Sun Valley is perhaps best known for its vintage advertising. We sought to draw visual inspiration from that era and reshape it, giving Sun Valley Potatoes a unique look that would anchor the brand and distinguish it from other growers.
- eCommerce – The ability for customers to order potatoes online is now a reality for Sun Valley Potatoes. And the back-end management of the shopping cart is simple to use. In a signature mark of detail-oriented design, we also replaced the typical shopping cart icon with a classic wheelbarrow.
- Persistent Header – The persistent header allows site users to access the website navigation no matter how far they scroll down the page.
- Parallax Image – The parallax image on the homepage is easily controlled on the back end of the site and adds a bit of visual interest to the front end of the site.
- Reviews – Site admins have the ability to control which reviews display on the homepage.
- Custom Slider Graphics – To take advantage of the billboard space, we built several classic designs in vintage style.
- Featured Products – Site admins can easily control which products are featured on the homepage of the website.
- Simple Content Management – This content management system is simple to use and a breeze to edit.
Please let us know what you think about this fun website design.
A beautifully packaged box of potatoes makes a great gift for loved ones. Purchase a box of russets or fingerlings for your holiday cooking needs!